This makes a HUGE amount of dip, perfect for a party. It's very addictive, I've know people to ladle this out onto their plates, as if it were the main course and not the dip. I usually make the bean and guacamole layers the night before and assemble the total dip right before people show up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- salt, to taste
- 3 ripe avocados, halved,peeled and pitted
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1Bean layer: In a bowl, mash everything together until smooth, set aside.
- 2Guacamole layer: Mash everything together until smooth.
- 3If you are making the guacamole ahead of time, cover it very tightly with plastic wrap.
- 4The wrap should rest on top of the guac, not above it.
- 5Don't even think about putting the avocado pit in the guac to keep it green, it's not going to work.
- 6What works is the lime juice in the guac and the plastic wrap on the guac, to keep out the air.
- 7Even after 24 hours the guac is not going to be a gorgeous green, but no one will care, it will taste delicious anyway, and have another 5 layers of stuff over it.
- 8Other layers: In a large, straight-sided glass dish, spread the bean layer across the bottom.
- 9Spread half the tomatoes over the bean layer.
- 10Spread the guacamole over the chopped tomatoes.
- 11Spread the drained salsa over the guacamole, then the sour cream over the salsa, then the other half of the tomatoes, then the grated Cheddar.
- 12You can add some black olives over the Cheddar, and then you can call it Eight Layer Dip.
- 13Serve with lots of tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party Time Seven Layer Dip
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 170.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 4.7 g