Recipe by Chef Susie84
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: This is a variation on a recipe my mother always made for holidays and special occasions and it has become a favorite in my house. While it's definitely not the healthiest of recipes, it is absolutely delicious and consistently a hit among kids and adults alike.
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (9 ounce) box frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon in pan until crisp and cooked through; reserve bacon grease. Chop bacon and set aside. Roughly chop thawed and squeezed frozen spinach and set aside. Transfer Simply Potatoes Shredded Hashbrowns to a large dutch oven or skillet and cook over medium heat until soft and slightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- To potatoes, add the crumbled goat cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, spinach, bacon grease, and 3/4 of the chopped bacon; mix well. Transfer the potato mixture to a 13x9 baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining chopped bacon. Combine the melted butter with the panko breadcrumbs and green onions, and sprinkle over the top of the potatoes.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden on top and bubbly.