Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A delicious potato dish. Plan ahead, this needs to refrigerate overnight.
- 9 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton French onion dip
- paprika, for garnish
- In saucepan, cook potatoes until tender, drain.
- Mash with butter, milk, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add cream cheese and dip and mix well.
- Place into a buttered 2 1/2 quart baking dish, cool, and refrigerate overnight, least 8 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator, let sit 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown and heated through.
I did a half batch, these are really creamy & delicious. Me & DD really enjoyed these, hubby wasn'ty too keen though, too rich for his tastes but 5 stars from the girls. Thanks!
Very good but very rich, I might reduce the cream cheese by half next time, thanks for sharing Lainey!....Kitten