Recipe by Linorama
Notice: this recipe doesn't work as written. i am in the process of updating amounts & techniques. i will post once i know all the changes. thank you.
- 2 cups uncooked sushi rice (short grain)
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 6 green onions, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sesame seeds (black or white)
Wasabi Ginger Sauce
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse rice in a sieve until the water runs clear, about 5 minutes.
- Combine rice and water in a pan with a tight-fitting lid, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- Reduce to low heat and cook another 15 minutes without opening the lid.
- Remove from heat and let rice stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove rice from pan and allow to cool up to 2 hours.
- In separate, non-reactive bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, carrots and green onions.
- Add rice and combine.
- Spread sesame seeds on a plate.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons rice-veggie mixture and form into a ball, then roll it in sesame seeds.
- Cover with plastic wrap until serving time.
- Original recipe says it can be refrigerated up to 2 days.
- For the Wasabi Ginger Sauce, just combine all ingredients well and serve along side the sushi balls.