Recipe by Chef mariajane
Fresh produce plus fresh shrimp make this juicy appetizer a party favority. This is one of our favorites.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled, cleaned (24 count)
- 24 small button mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, cut into 24 chunks
- 3 zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 3⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 grated lime, peel and juice , divided
- 3⁄4 cup Kraft mayonnaise, real mayonnaise
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak skewers in water for 1 hour before using to prevent them from burning,.
- Thread shrimp and vegetables evenly onto 24 small wooden skewers; place in shallow dish. Mix dressing, cilantro, and 2 teaspoons of the lime peel until well blended. Pour over kabobs; cover. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Remove kabobs from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high heat Place kabobs on greased barbecue. Grill 5 inches from heat 4-6 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning after 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix mayonnaise, remaining lime peel, the lime juice, and garlic. Serve with the kabobs.
- VARIATION: Substitute 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts , cut into 1-inch chunks for the shrimp. Grill until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender-crisp.
- These appetizers are ready in 1 hour 26 minutes.