Recipe by ktttrose
Fiesta drinks! If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours, allowing the flavors to really marinate into each other.
Top Review by Boomette
This sangria is one of the best I made. Here it's spring and very cold. I can't wait for the summer to do it again. For this time I made half the recipe. We're not gin lover but it was great in it. It was great in the sangria cause we couldn't detect the taste :) Thanks Theia11 :) Made for cookbook tag game
- 1 (1500 ml) bottle red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 2 lemon (cut into wedges)
- 2 orange (cut into wedges)
- 2 lime (cut into wedges)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (you can also use lemonade)
- 6 ounces gin (optional, you can also use triple sec tip ( 1 shot = 1 1/2 oz)
- 2 cups raspberries (you can also strawberries and may use thawed or frozen berries)
- 4 cups pineapple (you can use an 8 oz can of diced pineapples with juice)
- 8 cups ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour wine into a large pitcher
- Squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine.
- Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible)
- Add pineapple, sugar, orange juice and gin
- Chill overnight.
- Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving.