Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fiesta drinks! If you'd like to serve right away, use chilled red wine and serve over lots of ice. However, remember that the best Sangrias are chilled around 24 hours, allowing the flavors to really marinate into each other.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Rioja, Zinfandel, Shiraz)
- 1 lemon (cut into wedges)
- 1 orange (cut into wedges)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice (you can also use lemonade)
- 3 ounces gin (optional, you can also use triple sec tip ( 1 shot = 1 1/2 oz)
- 1 cup raspberries (you can also strawberries and may use thawed or frozen berries)
- 2 cups pineapple (you can use an 8 oz can of diced pineapples with juice)
- 4 cups ginger ale
- Pour wine into a large pitcher
- Squeeze the juice wedges from the lemon, orange and lime into the wine.
- Toss in the fruit wedges (leaving out seeds if possible)
- Add pineapple, sugar, orange juice and gin
- Chill overnight.
- Add ginger ale, berries and ice just before serving.
This sangria is one of the best I made. Here it's spring and very cold. I can't wait for the summer to do it again. For this time I made half the recipe. We're not gin lover but it was great in it. It was great in the sangria cause we couldn't detect the taste :) Thanks Theia11 :) Made for cookbook tag game
Wonderful sangria! I used merlot, Splenda instead of sugar, and strawberries. This had a great fruity flavor, just like I love it. Thanks for posting a great recipe that I can use all summer long! Made for Spring PAC 2010