Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The vinaigrette is asy to make and emulsifies beautifully and can be made right in your salad bowl. If whisked properly it won't separate on you for a long time. Use the salad ingredients that you like. This is how I fixed it the last time I served it and it was a hit. Yummy!
- 29.58 ml mustard (what you like but I used yellow the last time and it was great!)
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml cracked black pepper
- 59.14 ml balsamic vinegar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 14.79 ml shallot, finely minced
- 1.23 ml finely minced garlic
- 236.59 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2839.08 ml lettuce, trimmed and torn (mixed or what you like, romaine works well)
- 2 finely sliced scallions (or half of a thinly sliced red onion)
- 59.14 ml herbs, fresh minced (what you like but parsley and thyme work well)
- 473.18 ml grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml sultana raisin
- 59.14 ml craisins (dried cranberries)
- 59.14 ml toasted walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml blue cheese, crumbles (optional, feta works too)
- In your salad bowl whisk mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar briskly until very well combined. Add the vinegar and whisk for about a minute. Add honey and whisk for about 30 seconds. It should be thick. Whisk in the shallot and garlic.
- Dribble the olive oil into the base very slowly whisking all the while. The olive oil should be completely incorporated as you dribble. This is important so if you see oil in a ring around the vinegar, keep whisking! After all of the oil is mixed in, keep whisking for a few seconds more to ensure the emulsification.
- Just before serving add your salad fixings, romaine, carrots, tomatoes, scallions, herbs, what you like. Toss and add the walnuts and cheese to the top.
- Serve on chilled plates.
- I have made this in a punch bowl to serve about 35 people.
- If you want, you can store the dressing in the refrigerator in a jar for everyday use.
Love salads and this one was tasty. I scaled the recipe back to serve 4 and used Feta as my cheese of choice. Made for New Kids on the Block Tag. :)