1/1 Photo of Party Salad With Balsamic Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette
Secret Agent's Note:
The vinaigrette is asy to make and emulsifies beautifully and can be made right in your salad bowl. If whisked properly it won't separate on you for a long time. Use the salad ingredients that you like. This is how I fixed it the last time I served it and it was a hit. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons mustard (what you like but I used yellow the last time and it was great!)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 cups lettuce, trimmed and torn (mixed or what you like, romaine works well)
- 2 finely sliced scallions (or half of a thinly sliced red onion)
- 1/4 cup herbs, fresh minced (what you like but parsley and thyme work well)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 -2 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sultana raisin
- 1/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbles (optional, feta works too)
- 1In your salad bowl whisk mustard, salt, pepper, vinegar briskly until very well combined. Add the vinegar and whisk for about a minute. Add honey and whisk for about 30 seconds. It should be thick. Whisk in the shallot and garlic.
- 2Dribble the olive oil into the base very slowly whisking all the while. The olive oil should be completely incorporated as you dribble. This is important so if you see oil in a ring around the vinegar, keep whisking! After all of the oil is mixed in, keep whisking for a few seconds more to ensure the emulsification.
- 3Just before serving add your salad fixings, romaine, carrots, tomatoes, scallions, herbs, what you like. Toss and add the walnuts and cheese to the top.
- 4Serve on chilled plates.
- 5I have made this in a punch bowl to serve about 35 people.
- 6If you want, you can store the dressing in the refrigerator in a jar for everyday use.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party Salad With Balsamic Honey-Mustard Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.1
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 4.2 mg
- Sodium 201.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: