Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Perfect for a buffet party because it turns salad into a finger food! If the onions aren't mild enough, saute them in olive oil first.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 pinches fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 mild red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 large head green leaf lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 (4 ounce) canssliced olives
- 1⁄2 lb queso ranchero or 1⁄2 lb feta
- garlic salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 quarts water
- Assemble the salad dressing an hour ahead, so the onion and salad dressing have time to blend but the onion is still crunchy.
- Bring the water to a boil with the salt. Add the pasta and cook for 12 minutes. Drain immediately and cool completely.
- Chop the romaine, tomatoes and pepperoni. Drain and add the olives. Crumble the cheese over the salad.
- Toss the salad dressing and salad. The dressing will be clumpy. Add the dressing a little at a time, being careful to not add too much. Add garlic salt to taste.
- (I usually spoon out the onions with a large non-slotted spoon. I use the dressing that comes along with the onions, leaving any excess dressing for another day.).
- Fill the pasta shells.
these are amazing!! made them for a new years party and everyone loved them!!!!!
Can't believe I forgot to review this one. Made these this summer for a pool party we hosted and they were loved by everyone. So easy to make and a great way to have a hand held salad. Made just as written and wouldn't change a thing!
Incredible! I want to make it again because my mouth is watering.