Recipe by Petdrwife
Ok the name is for lack of a better one I suppose, it is how it was given to me by a friend. These are so good hot out of the oven. I have made the mixture ahead and baked them just as guest arrive and I have even placed mixture on party rye and frozen on cookie sheet and taken out to bake at a later time.
Top Review by Jimijoe 43
Great recipe! EASY! All who ate it loved it - lots asked for the recipe! I used 1/2 lb. italian sweet sausage and 1/2 lb. hot italian sausage, casings removed. Also used a little less mayo than called for.
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 1 cup grated swiss cheese
- 16 ounces Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 loaf miniature party rye rounds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Brown sausage and drain well.
- Stir together sausage, cheese and mayo. I was told to be sure and use only Hellman's -- not sure why.
- Spread mixture on slices of party rye and place on cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake until bread is a little toasty and spread is bubbly.