Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These little darlings are a great starter to a dinner party or just as a snack for those hungry teenagers. Easy, yet very impressive.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, not Miracle Whip
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup black olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- rye bread (party cocktail or sandwich slices)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix cheese, olives, onions, and mayonnaise (just enough mayo to get to spreading consistency).
- Spread mixture on slices of rye bread (not too thin).
- Place bread on baking sheet and bake in hot oven until cheese melts, about 5 -7 minutes.
- Devour! But be careful -- it will singe the roof of your mouth if you're not careful. (;.
Very good and easy! I used equal amounts green onion and black olives w 11/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar. Used 1/3 cup mayo and added some montreal steak seasoning. Just cooked two to try and am freezing rest for picnic on Sat. I also cut them diagonally so they would go farther.
This was really good. I did not add the olives, my son does not like them. I added a little more onion. I threw these together for a snack today. I really enjoyed these. Made for PAC 2010
This was so good, and it is something I really enjoy. I used a little more than 2 tablespoons of onion, but not too much. For ZWT 5 the Dining Daredevils.