Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a ton of delicious serving size ribs, perfect to feed a crowd --- the ribs may be grilled instead of oven baked the last 35-40 minutes of cooking, basting occasionally with the sauce --- servings is only estimated --- this is *very* good!
Top Review by Bekah49036
Loved them! The sauce is similar to the bbq sauce I make all the time and I just love it. The only difference is the soy sauce. What a great way to add depth and balance out the sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste, adjust to suit heat level) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 13 x 9-inch baking pans fitted with two racks.
- Cut the ribs into serving size pieces (2 or 3 ribs).
- Season the ribs on both sides very lightly with salt (can use white salt or seasoned salt).
- Place onto racks meaty side up in pan.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 1-1/4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Drain all fat from pans, then return the ribs to the pans.
- In a bowl combine the sauce ingredients together until well blended adjusting the cayenne to taste (if using).
- Divide/pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes basting occasionally.