Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This makes a ton of delicious serving size ribs, perfect to feed a crowd --- the ribs may be grilled instead of oven baked the last 35-40 minutes of cooking, basting occasionally with the sauce --- servings is only estimated --- this is *very* good!
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (to taste, adjust to suit heat level) (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease two 13 x 9-inch baking pans fitted with two racks.
- Cut the ribs into serving size pieces (2 or 3 ribs).
- Season the ribs on both sides very lightly with salt (can use white salt or seasoned salt).
- Place onto racks meaty side up in pan.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 1-1/4 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Drain all fat from pans, then return the ribs to the pans.
- In a bowl combine the sauce ingredients together until well blended adjusting the cayenne to taste (if using).
- Divide/pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes basting occasionally.
Loved them! The sauce is similar to the bbq sauce I make all the time and I just love it. The only difference is the soy sauce. What a great way to add depth and balance out the sweetness. Thanks so much for sharing.
This is an easy recipe to prepare. My husband used thinner ribs, so the cooking time was less. The sauce was thick and sticky, just the way we like it.
These are very good. They are beautiful and very flavorful. I followed the ingredients except for the cayenne pepper. I used the oven. Made for Newest Tag.