Recipe by Darlene10
Another very easy and tasty appetizer. These freeze well. I am not sure where this recipe came from.
Top Review by Gerry
Another Darlene10 winner. Have this made for one of my Christmas Eve appetizer offerings along with your recipe#44238. Bacon crisped and crumbled is my favoured option, gives these lovely little quiches the homemade taste! For variety added bits of green pepper and snipped green onion to half. Of course I then had to taste test three - they are sooo good. Have them made and frozen and know your reheating technique is perfect and right on. Thank you for another of your great appetizers.
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar or 1 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits or 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 24 unbaked miniature tart shells
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first 5 ingredients in blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Divide bacon among tart shells.
- Spoon cheese mixture over bacon.
- Bake in 350° oven for about 25 minutes until set.
- To freeze, I bake them first and thaw out before reheating. It only takes a wee while to thaw out. I put them in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes to heat through. I found by reheating them while still frozen they got a little soggy.