Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This looks beautiful floating on the top of the punch for a bridal or baby shower or even a wedding reception or any other special occasion. Really dresses up a plain punch.
- Decoration suggestions:.
- Apricot halves.
- mint leaves.
- orange peel.
- green grapes.
- Mix ginger ale with lemon juice.
- Pour 2 1/2 cups of the mixture into a 1 quart ring.
- Arrange desired decorations on top of the ice.
- Slowly, pour remaining juice mixture over the top so that you don't disturb your decorations.
- Freeze -- To unmold, run cold water over the bottom; it will then slip out.
- Float in the top of your punch bowl for a very pretty presentation.
This ring looks great in the punch and helps keep it cold for a really long time. My punch had pineapple juice in it so I added a bit to the ring as well as pineapple chunks and cherries. Tip: make sure the serving scoop for your punch bowl fits through the center of the ring and make sure the ring fits easily in your punchbowl. Try it before you make the ring, otherwise you could have problems serving. I don't make punch often, but mine will have a ring like this from now on.
I've seen these pretty rings at parties and I never thought I could make one that was equally attractive. In fact, I made two for graduation brunch and they were beautiful! I used a variety of decorations - mostly red berries and green mint leaves to compliment Kim Hansen's San Francisco Marriott's Pink Punch #96989 (which turned out more red than pink). Thanks for making me looks so good!