Recipe by ellie_
Simple make-ahead punch recipe was printed in an old church recipe cookbook. Prep time does not include the 4 hour freezing time.
Top Review by Rita~
Very sweet and fruity! The kids will love it! I served it to adults with vodka! I would cut down on the sugar maybe even cut it out completly. This also made more then 4 half gallons worth.I had an extra quart. Club soda in place of ginger ale may be an other way to cut down the sugar.
- 9 ounces Jello gelatin (any flavor)
- 3 cups boiling water
- 6 cups cold water
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle lemon juice
- 2 (46 ounce) cans pineapple juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 3 bananas, crushed in blender
- 2 quarts ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare Jello mixture by combining jello, boiling water and cold water.
- Bring to boil sugar and 4 cups warm water.
- Add syrup to Jello mixture.
- Add lemon juice, pineapple juice, crushed pineapple and bananas; mix well.
- Pour mixture into 4 half-gallon milk cartons and freeze.
- Four hours before serving, remove cartons from freezer and thaw.
- Peel off carton, put chunk in serving bowl or pan and mash with masher to "slush".
- Add ginger ale and serve.