Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This is a flavorful, fantastic, and versatile side dish. It can be made on the grill at a BBQ or in your oven. It is a great addition to your dinners or even for a brunch. The potatoes are moist but yet firm, and the flavors just work so well together. I especially enjoyed the easy clean-up by using Reynolds Wrap foil to make a packet.
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 5 slices crisp bacon, crumbled up
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 lb monterey jack cheese, small cubed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- salt and pepper
- Reynolds Wrap Foil (heavy duty)
- Fry up your bacon in a pan and set aside to cool.
- If making in the oven, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Get out a large cookie sheet and tear a 2 1/2 to 3 foot size sheet of the Reynolds Heavy Duty Foil. Lay the foil over the cookie sheet. Spray the foil with cooking spray. If making on the grill, heat up your grill to a medium heat. Use same directions for the foil.
- Peel, wash, and thinly slice the potatoes. Spread out over the foil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your tasting preferences.
- Sprinkle the onions, red peppers, bacon, Rosemary, and cheese over the potatoes.
- Drizzle the cream over the mixture.
- Cut up the butter into thin slices or little cubes and spread over mixture.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together while on the foil.
- Bring the top and bottom of the foil up and fold over to seal the top. Gently roll up the slides to seal.
- If using oven, no need to double wrap- just keep the foil on the cookie sheet and place in oven for 30 minutes. If using a grill- double wrap with foil and then place the packet on the grill for 45 minutes.
- Check potatoes for done-ness.
- When done, open middle slightly and let sit for a few minutes and then gently mix again and place into a large bowl.
I made this recipe and in place of the rosemary, butter, and salt/pepper, I marinated them in zesty Italian Salad Dressing. My family and neighbors asked for the recipe so they must have liked them too!