Recipe by WJKing
WOW! These are GREAT! Can easily be made a day ahead and baked just before serving. NO leftovers!
Top Review by Gadgetsmidnight
Made this for Christmas dinner. It was very good. I did add a lot more garlic and used fresh chives. The only negative is that I already make a pretty creamy mashed potatoe so after adding the sour cream and cream cheese the product was a bit runny for my taste. I will make this again knowing not to make my "normal" mashed potatoes, but make them thicker.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (about 8-10 large potatoes OR 4 cups prepared instant potatoes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, dried chives and garlic powder.
- Turn into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Combine bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and serve immediately.