Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
WOW! These are GREAT! Can easily be made a day ahead and baked just before serving. NO leftovers!
Make and share this Party Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (about 8-10 large potatoes OR 4 cups prepared instant potatoes)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, dried chives and garlic powder.
- Turn into a greased 2 quart casserole.
- Combine bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and serve immediately.
Made this for Christmas dinner. It was very good. I did add a lot more garlic and used fresh chives. The only negative is that I already make a pretty creamy mashed potatoe so after adding the sour cream and cream cheese the product was a bit runny for my taste. I will make this again knowing not to make my "normal" mashed potatoes, but make them thicker.
I have made these potatoes the last few years and my family demands that we have them for Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter.
Super good. Very creamy and rich with the sour cream AND the cream cheese. Will definitley serve again.