Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family started making this before I was born. It is one of the dishes we always make when we get together. I love it!
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups corn flakes (topping)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted (topping)
- Combine all ingredients, except the corn flakes and 1/4 cup margarine.
- Put in a 12x9-inch pan.
- Crush corn flakes and mix with margarine.
- Sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350°F or until bubbly.
Awesome - several people asked for the recipe. I omitted the onion because I forgot until I was putting it in the oven, but it still turned out great!
We love these potatoes. They are called Pittsburgh Potatoes around here. I agree, these truly are party potatoes, perfect for potlucks.