Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a very tasty casserole. It is great for big sit-down meals and is so easy to make.
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns or 2 lbs O'Brien potatoes, with green peppers and onions
- 1⁄4 cup melted oleo
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup finely crushed corn flakes (finely crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- Mix first 8 ingredients and put in a 13x9x2-inch cake pan.
- Make topping from next 2 ingredients.
- Sprinkle over potatoe mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake (covered) for 50 minutes at 350° till last 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and brown for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
My husband enjoyed the dish more then I did. I also cut it down to 6 servings and should have made it 4 servings because even with 6 it makes quite a large amount.
These were so quick and easy; a great side dish for sloppy joes! I forgot to include the onion, and instead of mixing the butter with the cornflakes, I sprinked the cornflakes over the top of the casserole and sprayed with an olive oil spray. Delicious!
I liked this I tried it without sour cream and it still turned out great!