Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from an old friend, who got it off a bag of frozen hash browns. My family raved about it the first time I made it, and there are never any leftovers. It's actually not too fattening if you stick to only 1-2 servings...which is hard to do!
- 1 (32 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, cube style, not shredded (Do NOT thaw)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup (lite soup ok)
- breadcrumbs or crushed crackers or corn flakes, to taste
- Spray 9 x 11 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs in a very large bowl.
- Pour into baking dish and top with bread crumbs, crackers or cornflakes.
- Bake for one hour.
This is a bit of heaven! I reminds me of a baked potato, with lots of sour cream and cheese. YUM... The only thing I did differnt in this recipe is I used Cream of Chicken soup rather than the Mushroom soup. I added a little black pepper and a small amount of salt as the recipe didn't call for any, and I thought that odd. Thanks so much for a great recipe! I'll be keeping this recipe within easy reach for the next potluck
Oh my how wonderful is this recipe! I served it as a side with baked chicken and carrots and asparagus. Leftovers were awsome for breakfast. I used fat-free sour cream and lite soup and light cheese. YUMMY!
We Loved this recipe. Creamy and cheesy, what's not to love? Karen, I see you mentioned to use a BIG bowl to mix this up, and that was sound advice. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom