Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a 1961 booklet from the Southern California Gas Company entitled "Smart Girls Cook with Modern Gas".
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- Pour oil, popcorn and salt into 10" aluminum skillet or 2-quart saucepan. Shake to distribute popcorn, Cover pan.
- Pop corn on heat controlled top burner set at 375 until popping stops (3-5 minutes).
- Pour melted butter over popped corn and sprinkle with seasoned salt. Toss to mix.
- DO NOT DOUBLE RECIPE.
Easy and delicious. Everyone enjoyed this popcorn. Made for the PARTY holiday event 2009.