Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another adoptee from zaar.
- 1 recipe of basic meatballs (prepared from another recipe)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, Flaked
- 1⁄4 cup currants or 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1⁄4 cup chutney or 1⁄4 cup chutney sauce, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Prepare the basic meatballs except -- add coconut before mixing the ingredients.
- Shape the mixture into 3/4-inch meatballs and bake at 400 degrees F. for about 15 minutes.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining ingredients to boiling.
- Add the meatballs, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and meatballs are glazed, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with wooden or plastic picks.