Recipe by seahorse73
In Cuba these treats are called mariquitas. Make these a day ahead, and store them in an airtight container. Recipe courtesy of Coastal Living.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fine-grained sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- peanut oil
- 4 green plantains (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt and lime rind; set aside.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a large Dutch oven; heat to 360`.
- Peel plantains; slice plantains lengthwise very thinly, using a mandoline.
- Fry plantain strips, 4 or 5 at a time, 30 seconds on each side or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle immediately with salt mixture.