Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is yeast-free and uses wholemeal flour!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup margarine (50g)
- 2⁄3 cup milk (150mL)
- pizza toppings, of choice
- If using vegetables for topping, lightly saute vegetables first. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Put flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and rub in margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add enough milk to form a soft dough. Knead lightly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to a 25cm/ 10 inch circle.
- Place the dough on the baking tray and pinch up edges to make a rim. Spread tomato puree on base, and 2 tBsp herbs if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 min until cooked and golden brown. Serve hot or cold in slices. Freeze for up to 3 months.
My friend came over and we made some pizza for tea, using this pizza base recipe. The pizzas turned out great! Will be using this again. Thanks :)
Only made a cheese pizza, as we are running low on everything. Dough is slightly crumbly when mixing, but is great now. It taste wonderful, I also substituted milk, with soy milk ( as we were out of regular)I did find the instruction a bit confusing. I wasn't sure if the base was to be cooked for 25 and then topping added. I did the base with tom and cooked 15 and then topped with cheese and cooked for 10 minutes
I have just taken this base with topping out of the oven and it looks and smells great - it was easy to do but sadly I won't get to taste it as I have made it to freeze so my son has something to eat while I am on holidays - I will update my review on my return after he has done the taste test .