Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home. I found some great pitas and I'm looking at different recipes to try and posting here for safekeeping. This is something I'll have to try.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 lb cooked ham, shaved
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill and garlic salt until blended.
- Cut each pita in half horizontally; spread with cream cheese mixture. On eight pita halves, layer the spinach, ham and cheese. Top with remaining pita halves. Cut each pita into four wedges; secure with toothpicks.
I absolutely loved the cream cheese, mayo, dill and garlic salt combination. It made these pita sandwiches shine. I made enough for two people, half with ham and the other half with turkey. These pitas are simple and delicious. Thank you! Made for Photo Tag.
Made just half of the recipe as a lunch (plus a little more) for the 2 of us, & that worked well! These pitas were easy to assemble & we enjoyed the combo of ham & cheese(s)! I look forward to making the whole recipe another time to add to my finger food counter when I hose one of my monthly meetings! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]