Recipe by Boomette
From Taste of Home. I found some great pitas and I'm looking at different recipes to try and posting here for safekeeping. This is something I'll have to try.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
I absolutely loved the cream cheese, mayo, dill and garlic salt combination. It made these pita sandwiches shine. I made enough for two people, half with ham and the other half with turkey. These pitas are simple and delicious. Thank you! Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 whole pita breads (6 inches)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 lb cooked ham, shaved
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill and garlic salt until blended.
- Cut each pita in half horizontally; spread with cream cheese mixture. On eight pita halves, layer the spinach, ham and cheese. Top with remaining pita halves. Cut each pita into four wedges; secure with toothpicks.