Recipe by College Girl
It has apricot jam and soy sauce? It works! Juicy cubes of fresh pineapple would be a delightful addition to these flavorful skewers.
Top Review by Toni in Colorado
It was too cold to grill outside - just used our bake oven. I skewered red and green peppers, onions, and pineapple along with the chicken. This is a very good recipe, and I think the apricot jam is what made it so good. I have tried other similar marinades. They're good but don't compare to this one for flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons apricot jam
- 1 1⁄3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into 1-inch lengths
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 6 -8 skewers, soaked in water
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, jam, ginger, and garlic in a shallow bowl. Add chicken to sauce; toss to coat.
- Cover and refridgerate for one to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Alternate chicken and onions on skewers, reserving marinade.
- Broil for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, turning several times and basting with reserved marniade. Discard any remaining marinade.