Recipe by PickyEater101
This is a wonderful kabob recipe that is a easy to make. It looks great on a platter and tastes delicious. Some notes:Marinade overnight for the best taste. You may marinade for as little as 3 hours however the taste won't be as good. Make sure you soak your skewers for 3 - 4 hours in water so they don't burn on the grill. I placed the pineapple on their own skewers so they wouldn't burn. Also, I put them on the top rack of the grill a few minutes before the chicken was done; just long enough to warm them.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped into chunks
- 2 large white onions, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 green peppers, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 pineapple, cut into 2 inch chunks (or substitute with 4 8oz jars)
- 3 -4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2 inch chunks
- skewer (MAKE SURE TO SOAK IN WATER FOR SEVERAL HOURS)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper in large bowl, then divide.
- From that same marinade take a small amount (about 1/2 cup) and have it on reserve. (You will use this to marinade the chicken once on the grill.).
- Add 2 cloves of garlic into each bowl.
- In one bowl, add the chicken and mix well.
- In the second bowl add the vegetables and mix well. (I did not marinade the pineapple chunks because I like the flavor they add on their own.).
- Refrigerate 8 - 12 hours making sure to stir halfway through.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken and vegetables and discard. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Preheat the grill to a medium-high setting.
- Place skewers directly on the grill and cook for 12-16 minutes, turning and brushing with the reserved marinade several times.
- Place pineapple skewers on grill with about 5 minutes remaining in cooktime to allow them to warm.