Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These roll-ups are an addictive party food! Have the deli slice the salami and provolone into very thin slices. Make a day ahead for the best flavor.
- 30 thin slices genoa salami
- 30 thin slices provolone cheese (see note below)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Drain the peppeoncinis and cut the ends off. I usually squeeze the seed bundle out, but you don't have to.
- Very lightly brush each slice of salami with olive oil.
- Put a slice of provolone on each slice of salami and lightly brush with olive oil again. (If the provolone is wider than the salami, just fold it down on one side, then roll long-wise.).
- Wrap salami and provolone around pepperoncini and secure with a toothpick.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Note: If the provolone is significantly larger in diameter than the salami, only get half as many slices of provolone and cut them in half.
These were good. I added a little garlic salt to the olive oil and warmed it a bit to release the flavor before brushing it onto the salami and provolone.
I took these to a small gathering and not a one was left over. Very good and easy to make.
There are delightful