Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
A hearty salad good for your next barbecue.
- 8 ounces spiral shaped pasta (cellentani)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa, cut into 1/4-inch slices, then sliced in half
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cook pasta per package directions for al dente; drain in a colander and rinse briefly under cold running water.
- Shake the colander gently and drain completely; set aside.
- In a skillet over med heat, warm 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil; add in the sausage; stir/saute about 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer sausage to paper towel lined plate.
- To make the dressing: in a smal bowl, mix together the chopped chile, adobo sauce, vinegar, salt, and pepper; gradually whisk in 1/2 cup olive oil until an emulsion forms.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl; add in the drained sausage, garbanzo beans, celery, olives, onion, and parsley; toss gently.
- Pour the dressing over the mixture; toss gently but thoroughly.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.