Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Don't let the ingredients scare you away! This is an excellent recipe ! You'll like this even if your not Italian!
- 1 (10 ounce) jar roasted red peppers packed in oil
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 (7 ounce) box thin spaghetti (I use creamette)
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion (diced small)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow squash (diced small)
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini (diced small)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (diced small)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell peppers (diced small) or 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper (diced small)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Drain the Roasted Peppers and Sun Dried Tomatoes of their oil.
- Place in a food processor and turn into a paste and set aside.
- Bring water for the spaghetti to a boil add butter,onions,celery,and peppers.
- Cook 5 minutes then break the spaghetti in 1/2 and add to the water.
- Cook 5 min and add Squash and zucchini.
- When Spaghetti noodles are done, drain mixture, and while still hot, add the Roasted pepper& tomato paste, along with the spices, to the spaghetti mix& toss to thoroughly mix.
- Sprinkle with Shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve as a side dish or as a salad, with Garlic Bread.
- This is excellent even if your not Italian!
- I can eat it cold!
Dh really liked this. He thought it was rich tasting with a subtle blend of flavors and a pleasant change from the usual pasta dishes we have. We had the pasta warm. Thanks for a contented Dh, Donna.