1 hr 5 mins
If you have the nerve, use the full 3 tablespoons of bottled hot pepper sauce. From BH&G
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 chicken wings (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 -3 tablespoons bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat broiler.
- 2Cut off and discard tips of chicken wings.
- 3Cut wings at joints to form 24 pieces.
- 4Place chicken pieces in a shallow nonmetal pan.
- 5For sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together melted margarine or butter, hot pepper sauce, and paprika.
- 6Pour mixture over chicken wings, stirring to coat.
- 7Cover chicken and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 8Drain chicken, reserving sauce.
- 9Place chicken pieces on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- 10Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 11Brush with some of the reserved sauce.
- 12Broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from the heat about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- 13Turn the chicken pieces; brush again with the reserved sauce.
- 14Broil for 10 to 15 minutes more or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- 15Meanwhile, in a blender container or food processor bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise or salad dressing, the 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, garlic, and vinegar.
- 16Cover and blend or process until smooth.
- 17If desired, top dip with additional crumbled blue cheese before serving.
- 18Serve with wings and celery sticks and dip.
- 19Makes 12 appetizer servings.
- 20Make-Ahead Tip: Store dip, covered, in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Party-Party Buffalo Wings!
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 48.7 mg
- Sodium 273.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar