Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Perfect for a quick get-together.......
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 8 ounces unseasoned refried beans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons medium hot picante salsa
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped avocado
- chopped onion
- sliced olive
- sour cream
- chunky salsa
- Line 2 jelly-roll pans with foil.
- Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons of oil and saute onions and green pepper until tender.
- Push aside of skillet.
- Add remaining 1 Tablespoon oil and simmer chili powder one minute.
- Combine with vegetables and remove from pan.
- Brown meat in same skillet.
- Drain off fat.
- Add cooked vegetables, beans, and remaining seasonings including picante sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Into the prepared pans, layer Tostitos, overlapping.
- Top with meat filling.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with side dishes and the toppings for everyone to build their own sloppy nachos.
- Filling can be made in advance and frozen.
Yum! It was a bit of work if you're just wanting nachos, but it was a lovely dinner for my family.