Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I grabbed this one from an older hippie-era book which touted the many benefits of protein. This is pretty simple and the snacks work out well in a zip-lock bag to take along wherever you wish, or, set it out for the coffee table at a get-together. I always use salted nuts but you can make that choice for yourself.
- 3⁄4 cup roasted peanuts, shelled
- 1 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Toast your shredded coconut on a cookie sheet under the broiler until you just begin to get some brown tips. Remove from oven and allow to cool. (Some people prefer to use the bake mode at 400-degrees for a dryer end product).
- Mix all ingredients together and serve, or store.