Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Mashed potatoes, a bit dressed up! From the Green Valley Baptist Church Cookbook.
- 8 -10 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- garlic salt, to taste
- chives, to taste
- parsley flakes, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- paprika, enough to cover the top of the casserole dish
- Cook potato, covered, in boiling water to cover for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well; mash the potato in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, chives, and parsley. Beat at a medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole; brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Absolutely delicious! I made a half batch of these wonderful potatoes and wish I had made more. This dish is certainly Company-worthy and I'll definitely make them again. Made for the Football Tag game.
I made these lovely potatoes for our Thanksgiving meal this year. I followed the recipe ALMOST to the letter, with only 2 little changes. The few days prior to Thanksgiving, hubby and I got into a potato skin" eating marathon. Each day that I made the potato skins, I saved the "guts" of the potatoes in a tupper-ware bowl in the fridge. I say that I probably had made at least 12 pre-baked potatoes. So on Thanksgiving, I simply made the remainder of this recipe, skipping the boiling of raw potatoes. After everything was mixed, the potatoes seemed a bit thick (maybe because they were a little cold to start or that I had too many potatoes). I placed them in the oven as directed. About 10 minutes into baking, hubby asked if I would put some shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the potatoes. I thought, why not?! They tuned out silky and fantastic. We had young an old guest alike that raved over them and wanted to know what I put in them. I think next time I will go a little heavier on the garlic flavor (and these will be making an encore appearance on our Christmas table). Thanks for posting a keeper. (Made for Football Pool week 10 win)
Very tasty! Made for your football win, 2013