Recipe by breezermom
Mashed potatoes, a bit dressed up! From the Green Valley Baptist Church Cookbook.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Absolutely delicious! I made a half batch of these wonderful potatoes and wish I had made more. This dish is certainly Company-worthy and I'll definitely make them again. Made for the Football Tag game.
- 8 -10 medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- garlic salt, to taste
- chives, to taste
- parsley flakes, to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, melted
- paprika, enough to cover the top of the casserole dish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potato, covered, in boiling water to cover for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well; mash the potato in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, garlic salt, chives, and parsley. Beat at a medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth.
- Spoon the potato mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole; brush with the melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.