Recipe by Joanne #6
This is yet another version of make ahead mashed potatoes. This one uses instant potatoes and is very good. I like to put the cream cheese in the microwave on defrost to get it nice and warm so it dissolves quickly in the water mixture.
- 7 cups instant potato flakes
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Use a large saucepan (soup kettle) and bring water, butter, garlic and onion salt to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add cream cheese, milk and sour cream. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in potato flakes, mix well and spread in a 13 X 9 glass pan sprayed with cooking spray. Refrigerate up to 2 days or bake right away.
- Sprinkle with paprika just before baking. Bake for 50 minutes at 350* till lightly browned.