Recipe by Ang11002
I normally hate lasagna, and Im all about simple foods so when I found this in my campbells cookbook I had to share it with you all! It has the unusual ingredient of cream of mushroom soup but it really works. Made a lasagna lover out of me:)
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
I made this for lunch today, but I subbed seasoned ground pork sausage for the ground beef, which the pork sausage already had onion, garlic, sage, salt, and pepper in it, plus I also added about 1/3 cup of diced onion. While mixing up the meat, soup, and water, I could see the meat/sauce was quite runny, so I added a (6-ounce) can of tomato paste, and let it simmer while I mixed up the remaining dish. While I was preparing this dish, I noticed I had to break a bit off the outer end pieces of the lasagna noodles, so they would fit inside the baking dish. I also found that I should of added 3 more lasagna noodles, as there was a lot of sauce. Since my oven gets quite hot, I baked this at 375 degrees for 50 minutes, but next time I will bake it for 45 minutes, and after adding the shredded mozzarella, I'll only bake this for about 5 minutes, as the cheese melted quickly, and the lasagna was hot and bubbly by then. After eating this, I really didn't care for it. I thought there was just too much sauce and not enough pasta, but after I had reheated it for dinner, I enjoyed it alot more. The lasagna seemed a lot more flavorable. If I decide to make this again, I'm going to add 3 more lasagna noodles to the dish, plus I'm still going to make it with the seasoned ground pork sausage, as I think it gives the lasagna a lot more flavor. If I had made this lasagna as written, I probably would of only given this recipe 1 STAR, but with the few modifications I made to the recipe, my husband said to give this recipe 4 STARS. Thank you Ang for sharing this recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 no-boil lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef until browned, stirring to separate meat.
- Add tomato soup and water and italian seasoning.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, combine mushroom soup, 1/2 cup cheese and milk.
- In 2-qt oblong baking dish, spoon in half the meat mixture.
- Top with 3 lasagna noodles.
- Spoon mushroom soup mixture over lasagna noodles.
- Top with remaining 3 lasagna noodles and remaining meat mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese over meat mixture.
- Bake 10 minutes more or until hot and bubbling.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.