Recipe by Doris Barrick
This makes a large tasty batch of soup. Serve it with Italian of French bread and you have a great meal.
- 1 (48 ounce) can chicken broth
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 3 ounces orzo pasta or 3 ounces pasta shells
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot over medium heat, mix together chicken broth, spinach, onions, carrots and celery and allow to simmer.
- In a large bowl mix well together the ground beef, bread crumbs and egg.
- Make 1/2" diameter meatballs and carefully drop into soup.
- Put chunks of chicken into soup and allow the soup to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pasta 30 minutes before serving stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.