Recipe by alleycatb
This is my favourite eggnog. The measurements are approximate. Tasting as you go is important for good results. (but not too much tasting :-) This makes a really potent eggnog.
- 12 seperated eggs
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 26 ounces dark rum
- 2 quarts whipping cream
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla (optional)
- grating nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat 12 egg yolks until very light in colour.
- Add sugar and continue to beat.
- Add 4 cups of the rum.
- let stand for 1 hour.
- then add gradually while beating whipping cream 4 more cups of rum.
- and milk, salt and evaporated milk add more sugar/milk to taste.
- refrigerate 3 hours.
- whip the egg whites and fold into eggnog. include addional rum as desired.
- serve with a grating of nutmeg.