Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe in the Taste of Home holiday recipe email and it sounds pretty good so I'm posting for safe keeping. I can't wait to make it for our New Years Eve party!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- minced fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, butter and salt to a boil.
- Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms.
- Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack.
- Immediately split puffs open; remove tops and set aside.
- Discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- In a large bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- Just before serving, spoon 1 teaspoonful filling into each puff; sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Replace tops.