Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe for a LOT of cookies. I've been making them for my kids and their friends for years. Weird mix of ingredients but they sure get gobbled up quick, so I guess they are pretty good.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, softened (Crisco sticks work well)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 cups applesauce
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats (oatmeal)
- 2 cups nuts, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
- Cream first 5 ingredients together thoroughly with mixer.
- Sift the flour, soda, baking powder, salt and spices together and add to the shortening mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoons onto a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.