Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
Warning, don't make this unless you love chocolate.
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (REAL chocolate please)
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs, beaten until frothy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- melted white chocolate or white chocolate, shavings/curls (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Mix chocolate wafer crumbs and melted butter press into a 9" springform pan.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over hot but not boiling water.
- Stir until completely smooth.
- Beat the cream cheese with an electrix mixer.
- until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in condensed milk until well blended and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, eggs, and vanilla, beat with electric mixer on low until thoroughly blended.
- Pour into the springform pan.
- Bake at 300F for 55 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow cake to sit in cooling oven for 30 minutes.
- When cake is cool, refrigerate at least 4 hours preferably overnight.
- If desired drizzle with melted white chocolate or sprinkle with chocolate shavings prior to serving.