Recipe by CaramelPie
This recipe was given to me by my cousin's wife. She has used it for entertaining for many years. It's great to make ahead, and delicious! I haven't made this myself, but didn't want to lose the recipe. I don't really know how much it makes, but I'm guessing 2 9"x13" dishes, or 1 larger dish.
- 6 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3⁄4 lb processed cheese, cubed
- 16 ounces ripe olives, sliced
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced & drained
- 3 ounces slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onions
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces thin noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and gradually blend in flour.
- Slowly add the 4 cups chicken broth and cream.
- Stir over low heat until mixture thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Combine with chicken and all other ingredients, except noodles.
- Drain the noodles well and stir into chicken mixture.
- Pour into buttered casserole dishes & refrigerate or freeze until ready to bake.
- If frozen, thaw for at least 24 hours in fridge.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until bubbley and heated through.