Recipe by KPD
My version of a dish my mom used to make. Serve over buttered noodles or rice with a veggie. I like to add a dried habenero to the sauce because we like everything to be spicy!
Top Review by Catnip46
This was just ok with me, no wow factor. It needs something extra but it's a good basic recipe to experiment with. Perhaps next time I'll try adding 1/2 pkg. of onion soup mix or some cheese or just some soy sauce.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips or bite-size pieces)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups French's French fried onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a greased 2 quart or 13x9 casserole baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, soup, parsley, and garlic powder. Combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sour cream sauce over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, covered.
- Top chicken with fried onions and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 more minutes or until onions are golden brown.