Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
My version of a dish my mom used to make. Serve over buttered noodles or rice with a veggie. I like to add a dried habenero to the sauce because we like everything to be spicy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into strips or bite-size pieces)
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups French's French fried onions
- Place chicken in a greased 2 quart or 13x9 casserole baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, soup, parsley, and garlic powder. Combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour sour cream sauce over chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour, covered.
- Top chicken with fried onions and bacon. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 more minutes or until onions are golden brown.
This was just ok with me, no wow factor. It needs something extra but it's a good basic recipe to experiment with. Perhaps next time I'll try adding 1/2 pkg. of onion soup mix or some cheese or just some soy sauce.