Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from a Pillsbury magazine. This recipe is a perfect pot luck dish! It can be made healthier by using low cal or fat free mayonaise and reduced sodium soy sauce. I use the red grapes because the color really stands out in the presentation.
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinley sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 12 ounces snow peas, trimed, halved crosswise
- 2 cups red seedless grapes or 2 cups green grapes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 6 -8 leaves lettuce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Rinse with cold water.
- Drain well.
- In a very large bowl, combine all other salad ingredients except almonds and lettuce.
- In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients including 2 T pineapple juice: mix well.
- Add pasta and half the almonds to the salad mixing gently.
- Add dressing, toss to coat.
- Line serving bowl with lettuce.
- Spoon salad over lettuce.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
I haven't made this but had it at a party recently! It was delicious. I'll be making it & try it with whole wheat pasta & low-fat mayo to make it a little healthier. the only thing she didn't add was the snow pea pods.