Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 min
This is such a different take on an ordinary chicken salad recipe. Huge hit at potlucks!
Make and share this Party Chicken and Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 12 ounces snow pea pods, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons of fresh grated gingerroot (she used the paste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Cook and drain pasta and directed. Rinse with cold water, drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix remaining salad ingredients except almonds. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended.
- 3. Add pasta and 1/2 cup of almonds to salad, stir gently to mix, add dressing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.
This is a great salad, very tasty! I could drink the dressing, it is fabulous. This would make a very nice summer supper or would go over well at a potluck, I think. I made it just as directed, but halved the recipe, and it would make 6 large servings easily, so the recipe as written would be a big enough amount to take to serve 12-16 as a side at a potluck. I know my family will love this salad, and my daughter will go berserk over it! Made for PAC Spring 2012.