This is such a different take on an ordinary chicken salad recipe. Huge hit at potlucks!
Make and share this Party Chicken and Pasta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups uncooked rotini pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 12 ounces snow pea pods, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained, reserving liquid
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons of fresh grated gingerroot (she used the paste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Cook and drain pasta and directed. Rinse with cold water, drain well.
- 2. Meanwhile in a large bowl, mix remaining salad ingredients except almonds. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients until well blended.
- 3. Add pasta and 1/2 cup of almonds to salad, stir gently to mix, add dressing to coat. Sprinkle with remaining almonds.