Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I don't know where the recipe came from, but a friend of my mom's made this when I was a teen ager and I have been making it ever since. It's fast, simple and delicious. You can add green chills, olives or any other type ingredient to put your own spin on it.
- 6 chicken breasts (thin sliced)
- 6 slices beef bacon (or pork if you eat pork)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 (5 ounce) jar Hormel dried beef
- 2 cups cooked rice (brown or any type)
- 1. Spray the bottom of an 8x8 or similar size baking dish with vegetable spray.
- 2. Layer the bottom of the cooking dish with the torn up pieces of dried beef.
- 3. Take one piece of chicken and lay it on top of a piece of bacon and roll it up like a cinnamon roll. Lay it on top of the dried beef. Do this with all the pieces of chicken.
- 4. In a separate bowl, mix the sour cream with the soup, pour over the top of the chicken. Bake at 325* glass baking dish, 350* other type baking dishes for approximately 45 minutes or until the center bubbles.
- 5. Serve over cooked rice.