Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in the Spring 2009 edition of the Publix Family Style magazine. Although I'm not exactly sure why it's called "Party" Chicken, the chicken turns out nice and moist with a crunchy topping.
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breast fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 3⁄4 ounces reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a large zip-top bag. Season chicken with salt and pepper; add to bag. Seal bag tightly; shake to coat. Remove chicken from bag; shake off excess flour. (Or simply put flour onto a large plate or in a shallow bowl and dredge each chicken piece; shake off excess flour.) Arrange chicken in the baking dish.
- Combine soup and mayonnaise in a bowl; spread mixture evenly over chicken. Stir panko and cheese into softened butter, mixing until crumbly and panko is evenly coated with the cheese mixture. Top chicken with cheese mixture; cover dish with foil. Bake 10 minutes.
- Remove foil from dish. Put back in oven and bake 10-15 more minutes or until top is golden and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°. (Use an instant meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.) Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
I wasnt sure aout this recipe, but it was so easy and so delicious. I made my own bread crumbs and didnt have enough cheese, so I mixed in some cheese sauce from the night before's dinner in with the breadcrumbs. I thought the chicken might taste a little boiled, but it didnt it was pefect and very moist. The crumbs soaked up the soup and made for a delicious crumbed mixture over the top of the chicken fillets. The family loved it and DH suggested the crumbed topping tasted like K.F.C 's crumbing. Great recipe Taste Tester, thanks I will use this recipe again for a great easy dinner.